Planning to travel to Singapore? Know how much money you need to bring based on your length of stay and your purpose. If you're planning to stay longer you may want to learn how much it costs to be living in Singapore. Below are the basic guidelines for your assessment and budgeting.
1. Accommodation - Staying in HDB flat
Common Room - Price ranges from $S500 to $S700 per room per month. This room can accommodate a maximum of 2 persons. You can save much if you are to rent it with a roommate as you will only pay half of the price. It's the best accommodation in Singapore for a long term stay as this is friendly to your pocket.
Master Bedroom - Price ranges from $S700 to $S1000 per room per month. This room can accommodate a maximum of 3 persons. If you are looking for the rooms and room mates the link below can help you alot.
2. Electricity, Water and Gas for Cooking = $S55 to $S90 per month per person depending on the consumption.
3. 5kg of rice = $S7.50
4. 1 whole chicken (Uncooked) = S$5.50
5. Loaf of Bread (about 15 slices) = S$2.30
6. Fresh Milk (1 Litre) = S$2.30 to $S4.50
7. 5 Sachets of Coffee = S$1.90
8. 600ml mineral water = $S0.50 to 0.80; 1500ml = $S1.20 to $S1.80
9. Egg (10 pieces, Standard packaging) = S$1.90
10. Fish = $S3 to $S30 (depending on weight and type of fish)
11. Pork = S$2 to S$15 (depending on weight and parts)
12. Bath Soap (4 pieces) = $S2.30, Tooth Paste (150ml) = $S2.0, Tooth Brush = S$1.50, 200ml Shampoo = $S2.50, 250ml Mouth Wash = $S3.50, Feminine Wash (150ml) = $S6.50, Liquid Detergent (3 litres) = $S9.50
13. Sim Card (Need your passport when buying) = $S8, Top Up = $S18, S$28
14. International Calling Card = $S10
15. Bus Fare = $S1.10 to $S2.20 (Depending on the distance)
16. MRT Fare = $S1.10 to $S2.20 (Depending on the distance)
17. Taxi Fare = Visit Singapore Taxi Fare
18. Eating outside; at the hawker = $S3 without drinks and $S4.40 with drinks (hawker
outside the mall)
19. Eating outside; at the hawker = $S4 without drinks and $S5.50 with drinks (hawker inside the mall)
20. Movie Ticket = $S10 to $SS22